Sunday, February 15, 2015

Perfect Timing

I had been working on different information for the revelation seminar coming up, and finally got an opportunity in the afternoon to go knock on doors for a couple hours. I knocked on my first door, when an older gentleman, Bill answered the door. We began talking and he invited me in to meet his wife Barbara as well. We hit it off, they loved traveling around and helping out orphanages, meeting needs of communities, and sharing their faith. As we were talking they learned that I am Seventh Day Adventist. Barbara then asked me, "I have a question, one thing I know about the Seventh Days is that you don't believe in a living soul. I am at a point in my life where I want to know what it says in the Bible, I have heard both sides but I have never seen anything really in the Bible on what it says, could you show me? I am open to believing that the soul does or does not live after death, I just don't know what the Bible say, and that is what I want to believe." So I answered her questions with Bible verses and she was able to see how a loving God has us rest. At the end of the study she was processing through everything. I asked her if the topic was clear and if she had any questions. She asked some questions on other Bible verses that I was able to explain to her. Her last comment was, "Wow, yes everything was clear. I believe you, I see exactly what you were saying in the Bible."  One blessing about that study is that Sheila wasn't feeling well about a week prior and asked me to give the state of the dead Bible study to one of her contacts, and because of that I had a list of verses and examples and ideas of ways to explain the topic to others who had the same questions about the state of the dead. God sent circumstances to help me be prepared for Barbara's question, and I will be going back to her and her husband this week. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment