Sunday, February 8, 2015

Only at Home

"Dear God, I pray I will meet someone who can only be reached at their home." I began knocking on doors, momentarily dismissing my prayer from my memory . Linda answered, she is retired and rarely exits her home. We began chatting, I struggled to see any interest in any of the activities we offered, but as soon as I reached inviting her to join me in studying the Bible she accepted. You see, Linda and her husband attended a church several years back when he decided he would no longer go to church. Linda, in "respect" to her husband, ceased to attend church as well. Since that decision he made three years ago Linda has longed to sing songs, study the Bible, and have the support of a church family. We nonchalantly set up a time for my return the next week and bid farewell to each other for the time being. As I walked away, I recalled how God had specifically answered my prayer finding someone who desired to get to know God better but was unable to be reached at a social function.

No comments:

Post a Comment