Sunday, March 8, 2015

Divine Delay

This past week kicked off two of the seminars our church planned. First we had an Archeology Seminar by Tony Moore, and March 6 was when our Revelation Seminar started with Taj Pacleb. The Archeology Seminar went amazingly. The church was packed every single night and a lot of people from community came to check out our special event.

At the end of the night Melina and I would stand at the back to hand out notes from the seminar as well as giving them a warm goodbye. Several people had asked me for notes from previous nights so we made sure to keep extra copies in the back. However, it was so popular we would run out fairly quickly. 

One of the seminar attendees named Rhonda came up to me and asked me if she could get several copies of each night so she could share it with her friends. I went back and grabbed the notes for her and the only ones that were missing were the notes from the second night.

"If you want to wait, I can go make copies for you. It should only take a few minutes." I said. 

Rhonda responded, "Okay sure, I'll just wait here."

Keep in mind that normally a print job like this should only take three to five minutes max. I grabbed the original copy and put it into the copier. So I know our copier is pretty fancy and there's an option to get it to staple the copies. I was trying to figure it out and literally went through all of the options and I couldn't find anything. "Fine, I'll just do it the normal way,"  I thought to myself, "but it would've been so much cooler to get it to staple, oh well." 

I made a test copy, and it came out with the print only filling one fourth of the page. Apparently when I was going through the setting I accidentally hit a reduce size button. (For the record I didn't even know that was possible.) 

I went back and fixed the problem and attempted to print again. This time the original copy got jammed while it was being fed into the copier. The original got crumbled pretty badly so I now needed to remake an original copy for that page again. So I did that. Finally I could start printing. But then the copier started to jam on me, not once, not twice...but about five times. Something else you should know about this copier is when a paper jams, before you can get it to print again you have to open every single compartment so it will work. 

I actually started praying for this copy machine, I was like "Lord, this woman just wants to tell her friends about you, please help this copier so she can have these notes." Finally...20 minutes later, I finished making the copies. 

As I started walking back towards Rhonda, I saw Melina talking to her and it started to make sense why God allowed the copier to cause me so many problems. He was trying to delay her from leaving so she and Melina could talk.

To find out the rest of the story, read Melina's next blog post.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, 
to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment